Switch To This Nutrition Packed Diet Today
Eating a nutritious diet isn’t only for people who are looking for weight-loss. Switching to a healthy and balanced diet and consuming nutritious food is meant for all health-freaks and common people alike. Practically, you must not give up on your favorite foods, they also advise to balance it out with other, comparatively healthy foods and physical activities. You can always modify your diet a little to include more nutrition in it and reduce the intake of excessive fats. We have listed down some of the foods that you can switch to directly or include them in your daily diet in various interesting forms.
Yogurts, whether regular or Greek, are considered to be low-fat and nutritious. Yogurts contain probiotics or healthy bacteria and yeast that settle in your intestine and boost immunity. Low-fat yogurt contains more calcium, vitamins, and protein as compared to milk. This means that it can help in building and strengthen your bones, muscles, and cartilages, enhance skin and hair texture, and improve blood flow.
Interesting ways to have Yogurt:
- Top your muesli bowl with yogurt.
- Ditch milk and make smoothies with yogurt.
- Use it as the main component of your snack dips.
- Make desserts such as cupcakes, cheesecakes, or popsicles with yogurt.
The best part about kale is that it is a natural detoxifier. Daily kale consumption can cleanse out the toxins in your body and make you feel healthier. Kale contains less fat and calories that make you feel fuller without adding up to the negative calories in your body. This leafy vegetable is an excellent source of vitamin C and K that serves many vital functions in the body's cells and regulates blood levels and fluidity. Another good news is that these green leaves lower cholesterol that automatically reduces the chances of heart diseases.
Interesting ways to have Kale:
- Bake and make kale chips.
- Have kale soup or pottage.
- Eat it in a salad with boiled grains, beans or meat.
- Drink kale and fruit smoothie.
Salmon is ideal for a balanced diet. This fish is rich in omega-fatty acids that regulate blood pressure and decreases the risks of diseases. The same amount of vegetarian sources of omega-3 fatty acids include flaxseed, flaxseed oil, walnuts, chia and hemp seeds. Salmon is also a good source of proteins that help in protecting bone health and maintaining muscle mass during weight loss and the aging process.
Interesting ways to have Salmon:
- Grill salmon cubes on a skewer with rainbow vegetables.
- Bake salmon into meatballs.
- Make healthy pasta with wheat penne or spaghetti.
- Grill a salmon steak.
Mushrooms are considered to be the superfoods as they have no fats and cholesterol, very low levels of carbohydrates, a lot of water content and fiber, high protein content, and are rich in vitamins and minerals. They contain natural insulin and enzymes which help the breaking down of sugar or starch in food. If you aren’t allergic to mushrooms, you can consume crimini, oyster, shiitake, maitake and a variety of mushrooms to stay healthy and fit.
Interesting ways to have Mushrooms:
- Add mushrooms to most of your dishes like pasta, pizza, and salad.
- Prepare mushroom frittatas.
- Eat giant stuffed mushrooms.
- Have mushroom soup or stew for a healthy life.
Although dark chocolate doesn’t provide any nutritional value to your body, cocoa is good for several functions in your day to day life. Dark chocolate contains organic compounds and antioxidants such as polyphenols, flavanols, and catechins that help lowering stress and depression, prevent cardiovascular diseases, regulate blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and improves organ and brain functions. Thus, you can consume dark chocolate as a supplement along with your balanced diet.
Interesting ways to have Dark Chocolate:
- Grate over your cereals and muesli.
- Dip fruits in melted dark chocolate and snack on them.
- Use dark chocolate in every sugar-free dessert you make.
- Make dark chocolate pancakes with Progenex pancake mix.
- Prepare chocolate hummus and enjoy your snack.
Pineapples are powerhouses of nutrition such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and dietary fiber that aid digestion and improves the overall immunity. The presence of dietary fiber as well as an enzyme called bromelain help in digesting tough foods. If you are looking for weight loss, pineapples are ideal for you as they are effectively known for burning excessive fat. Along with these benefits, pineapples also help in curing common cold and sinus and improving eyesight. Pineapples regulate blood pressure, promote blood clotting and improve blood circulation.
Interesting ways to have Pineapples:
- Grill pineapple cubes and toss them with other fruits and salad vegetables.
- Bake a bacon pineapple wheat bread.
- Prepare pineapple pickle.
- Consume Hawaiian diet by adding pineapples to your healthy burgers and pizzas.
It is quite unusual, but yes, popcorn can be considered as a healthy and nutritious snack. Unsalted and natural popcorn is puffed corn kernels that means it is a whole grain. It contains dietary fiber that helps in good digestion. Popcorn also contains vitamins, minerals, polyphenols, and very less fat that make them ideal for reducing cholesterol and maintaining blood levels. Also, popcorn is mostly air, which means it can control your hunger for a long time. So, continue snacking on your favorite addictive snack.
Interesting ways to have Popcorn:
- Toss popcorn in lemon and shredded kale
- Stir popcorn in melted dark chocolate
- Add popcorn in your daily salad
- Cook porridge with unsalted popcorn
Apart from switching to these fruits, vegetables, and foods, you can also include whey proteins and health and nutrition supplements to ensure you have a balanced diet. A diet packed with nutritious vegetables and fruits and fitness supplements, you can surely become healthy and remain fit. Various fitness supplements can complement your daily nutritional and healthy intake. Check our Barbell Addict online store to find the right product for you. From fat-loss and weight gain supplements to gyming products, we have it all.